Saturday 4 October 2008

October - The Month of The Rosary

October is the month of the Rosary and what a beautiful prayer Our Lady has given us.

I know many of you faithfully pray the Rosary regularly but if others of you have been given a Rosary recently (or one of your children) and you'd like to remind yourself how to pray the Rosary you'll find very good instructions here.

I do encourage you to spend a few minutes with your children, perhaps when you say your family prayers at bedtime, to help your children learn how to use their Rosary beads.

During October we have Rosary and Benediction every Sunday in church at 4 pm. I hope some of you will come along and pray for our parish.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to 'How to pray the Rosary', I have printed it out and am going to put it into my rosary purse, and give one to our son. Our family came to the Holy Hour for children on Friday, which was lovely, but I found myself unable to recall the words of the 'O My Jesus' prayer, and so couldn't help Mathew, or myself. As always you come to our aid - thank you.

St Ann's Parish said...

Tracey,

I'm delighted that you found my post helpful and very encouraged to hear that you are passing on this important aspect of our Catholic life and faith to Matthew.I can't emphasise enough what an important role parents have in passing on our Catholic faith to their children. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Fr Míceál, according to my
Calendar today is Our Lady
of the Rosary - is this
correct, altho I know we are
commemorating Our Lady through-
out October? I was unable to
attend Mass today unfortunately.

St Ann's Parish said...

Layperson,
You're so right. Today is of course the Memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary.