Monday 6 October 2008

Confessions ...

It is one the great delights and privileges of a priest to be able to offer people the Sacrament of Penance.

Here at St Ann's, as well as the usual times for weekly Confessions on Saturday morning and evening, I am very pleased to be available for Confession after each of the Masses on the first Sunday of the month.

This time is especially helpful, I feel, as people have already come to Mass and don't need to make another extra trip to come to Confession.

It is so uplifting for me as a priest to see parishioners, including parents with their children, queueing up for Confession after Sunday Mass.

Times for Confession:

Saturday:
10.30 am to 11.30 am
5.00 pm to 6.00 pm

First Sunday of the month: After every Mass

And at call

5 comments:

Maurice said...

This is a great blessing, Fr M, and your parishioners are blessed to have such a devoted and committed priest. Thank God for the Sacrament of Confession - and for holy priests to administer it!

Anonymous said...

I agree Joseph, when there are
so few Priests to administer
the Sacraments why are we so
slow to go to Confession?!

St Ann's Parish said...

Anon,
I'm sorry but I'm afraid I don't quite understand your comment.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, maybe people are not so
slow to go to Confession, just
me then!!!

Anonymous said...

Think I was having a senior
moment when I posted my
original comment, missed a
bit out, should have read
....administer the Sacraments
we should make the most of
this privilege & not
be so slow in going to
Confession! Maybe people are
not slow, maybe it is just
me getting that impression,
if so I apologise! Does that
make sense Fr Miceal?