Friday 25 April 2008

Last day at Lismullin

Here are a few more photos taken during my recent retreat
at the Lismullin Conference Centre in Co. Meath.

Welcome!

Another photo of the splendid oratory.

A closer view of the tabernacle which depicts the four evangelists from the famous Book of Kells.

As I said goodbye to Lismullin I gave thanks to God for this opportunity to withdraw from the world for a few days; from the hectic pace and demands of parish life to focus on my priesthood and prayer and to examine my daily life.
I would recommend this practice to everyone. It is a marvellous thing to be able to take time away from our busy day to day lives, even just for a short time. There are days of retreat and residential retreats for both men and women at Wickenden Manor amongst many other retreat centres both locally and further afield.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Father, it has certainly 'whetted my appetite' and made me more determined to make a retreat myself in the not too distant future