Somebody asked me to write a few words about relics . . .
What do we express when we venerate relics?
When we venerate the relics of the Saints we profess our belief in several doctrines of our Catholic faith;
1. The belief in eternal life for those who have faithfully witnessed to Christ and the Gospel.
2. The truth in the resurrection of the body for all on the last day.
3. The belief in the intercession of the Saints in heaven because of their intimate relationship with Christ.
4. The doctrine of the beauty of the human body and the respect which all should show to the bodies of the living and the dead.
5. The truth of our closeness to the Saints because of our connection with the Community of Saints.