Sunday 1 June 2008

First Holy Communions - Part 3


The title of this post sounds a bit like a blockbuster film, but it does feel a bit like that sometimes. Some people might imagine it's difficult to sustain the sense of joy and celebration for three weeks running but I can assure everyone that as soon as I see the children arriving for Mass in their special outfits and with such expressions of anticipation on their faces and pride on those of their parents and the rest of the family, my spirits are immediately raised.

Each of the three First Holy Communion Masses has been very special for everyone concerned and I include myself in that. I feel privileged to have been able to celebrate all three Masses and have a part in each family's special day. I hope that all our First Communicants will have memories of this important day in their lives that they will treasure for ever.

By the way, there are a lot more photos of all our First Communicants taken on all three Sundays on our parish website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the photos - it has been a lovely thing to be able to see these special young people on their big day. What great weather too!