Thursday 9 July 2009

A Prayer for Priests in The Year for Priests . .


This year marks the 150th Anniversary of the death of St Jean-Marie Vianney and, as we know, Pope Benedict has declared a Year for Priests from 19th June 2009 to 19th June 2010.

There are many prayers in circulation for priests and I commend this one to you from the book, A Curé of Ars Prayer Book.

I hope that readers of this blog will find it useful. I, along with all parish priests I'm sure, am very grateful for your prayers, always.

Prayer for my Parish Priest
(to be said daily)

O Lord, mayest Thou find shelter and rest gently
within the heart of Thy priests,
especially Father(s) . . . . .
Make them, O Lord, priests according to Thy Heart:
meek, humble, zealous, so that all they do
will be for Thine honour and glory.

Mould them into men of prayer and labour,
insensible to earthly things,
and sensible only to Thy love
and to the graces of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.

No comments: